Gameday the DIII Way is an innovative and unique approach designed to achieve better fan decorum at athletics events around the country. The program was created by the Division III Sportsmanship and Game Environment Working Group, in conjunction with the Disney Institute, with the goal of improving the behavior of parents and fans and ensuring that all Division III student-athletes have a rewarding experience. Through the program, Division III institutions will be assisted in providing exceptional levels of guest service and event expectations that are consistent throughout the membership.
The Common Purpose for Division III athletics events is:
“We create a respectful and engaging educational environment through athletics, for everyone.”
Our Service Standards:
Safety – Responsiveness – Dignity – Experience
Gameday the DIII Way:
For details on the origin and purpose of the Gameday the DIII Way program, check out .
For more details on the program and the latest timeline, click here.
- List of Gameday the DIII Way training facilitators
- Online Gameday the DIII Way training program for Division III Administrators – coming soon
- Campus Self-Evaluation and Discussion Tool
- Fan letter template designed by Division III Student-athletes
- Communication Tips for Campus Safety and Local Law Enforcement
- Apparel, Banners and Other Gameday the DIII Way Promotional Materials – Available on the
Locating Division III Championships Protocols for Each Sport
Are you aware that each Division III championship sport has established championships protocols and event guidelines? These guidelines can be helpful in establishing a successful Division III game environment and ensuring consistency across Division III campuses.
To locate the latest championship guidelines for each Division III sport, choose the ‘championships’ link within the Division III website, chose the sport you wish to obtain the manual for and find the ‘Host Operations Manual’ on each of those pages.