Division II in April 2015 formally adopted a six-year strategic plan that builds upon the division’s unique attributes and a position of fiscal strength to guide future decisions. The plan supports Division II’s balanced and inclusive approach that affords student-athletes the opportunity to explore their varied academic and social interests, to grow as productive citizens and to contribute to their communities.
The Division II Planning and Finance Committee oversaw a midterm assessment of the plan based on results from the 2018 Division II Membership Census to ensure that what the division committed to in 2015 remains on course. The midterm assessment reaffirmed the commitment to the plan’s mission and vision and to the values that drive them.
Following is the timeline for the remaining years of the current plan as well as the approach for its successor:
The Division II Census occurs every five years (2013 and 2018). The current media agreement with CBS/Turner is through 2024, with the new media agreement extending from 2025 to 2032. Additionally, the NCAA has created a five-year strategic plan through 2024. Accordingly, the Planning and Finance Committee adopted the following timeline for the strategic planning process:
- January 上下棋牌 through August 上下棋牌 – The Planning and Finance Committee reviews the current strategic plan to determine whether to recommend extending it through 2021-24.
- January 2021 to August 2021 – Facilitate strategic planning discussions for the new plan and gather feedback from committees and associations.
- Summer to Fall 2021 – From feedback and discussions, create questions for the 2022 Division II Census.
- January 2022 – Launch the new census with the membership.
- April 2022 – Management and Presidents Councils review census results.
- May 2022 to April 2023 – Use census results to facilitate changes to the strategic plan.
- July/August 2023 – Management and Presidents Councils approve the plan.
- January 2024 – Launch the new strategic plan at the NCAA Convention.