The NCAA national office is committed to keeping membership informed on name, image and likeness matters. Please see below for division-specific information.
Membership Working Groups
Each NCAA division will discuss, examine and propose name, image and likeness rules through its own process. But each division also will be guided by the same principles from the Board of Governors:
- Assure student-athletes are treated similarly to nonathlete students unless a compelling reason exists to differentiate.
- Maintain the priorities of education and the collegiate experience to provide opportunities for student-athlete success.
- Ensure rules are transparent, focused and enforceable and facilitate fair and balanced competition.
- Make clear the distinction between collegiate and professional opportunities.
- Make clear that compensation for athletics performance or participation is impermissible.
- Reaffirm that student-athletes are students first and not employees of the university.
- Enhance principles of diversity, inclusion and gender equity.
- Protect the recruiting environment and prohibit inducements to select, remain at, or transfer to a specific institution.
The following membership groups are continuing to work on NIL issues.
Board of Governors Federal and State Legislation Working Group
Consistent with the charge given to the Federal and State Legislation Working Group, the FSLWG will continue to:
- Educate the membership and provide expertise based on the work completed to date;
- Receive divisional feedback related to principles and regulatory framework, and make appropriate changes;
- Coordinate Association-wide educational efforts, in conjunction with divisional educational efforts;
- Track broader Association-wide issues related to federal and state legislation; and
- Issue a final report to the Board of Governors at its April 上下棋牌 meeting.
Presidential Subcommittee of the Federal and State Legislation Working Group
The presidential members of the FSLWG across all three divisions plus one independent member of the Board of Governors comprise a subcommittee tasked with focusing on broader, Association-wide issues. Specifically, the group will be providing input to the Board of Governors and NCAA President on what kind of assistance the Association may ask from Congress to support any efforts to modernize the rules in college sports.
Division I Name, Image and Likeness Legislative Solutions Group
This group is composed of members of the NCAA Division I Council Coordination Committee, as well as the Division I members currently serving on the Federal and State Legislation Working Group. [Note: The presidents serving on the FSLWG will continue their engagement with the full FSLWG, as well as lead the presidential subcommittee.]
This group is charged with the following:
- Develop Division I legislative models grounded in the principles and within the regulatory framework as identified by the FSLWG.
- Coordinate divisional feedback to the FSLWG in regard to principles and regulatory framework.
- Coordinate division-specific education and input opportunities for the Division I membership.
- FSLWG members will report out to the FSLWG at regular intervals as determined by the FSLWG.
Specific Division I Legislative Solutions subgroups:
- Student-Athlete Work Product Subgroup
- Individual Licensing Subgroup
- Group Licensing Subgroup
Division II Legislation Committee
In addition to the current members of the Division II Legislation Committee, additional members are invited to participate in the March and June 上下棋牌 in-person meetings, including additional student-athletes, athletics administrators, coaches, presidents, faculty athletics representatives, as well as the Division II members currently serving on the Federal and State Legislation Working Group. [Note: The former Division II president serving on the FSLWG will continue his engagement with the full FSLWG, as well as participate in the presidential subcommittee.]
Specifically, the Legislation Committee will:
- Develop Division II legislative models grounded in the principles and within the regulatory framework as identified by the FSLWG;
- Seek divisional feedback for the FSLWG regarding principles and regulatory framework;
- Participate in division-specific education;
- Seek feedback from the Division II membership on the legislative models;
- Make final recommendations for sponsorship of legislation to the Division II Management Council and Presidents Council; and
- Assist FSLWG working group members with reporting out to the FSLWG at regular intervals as determined by the FSLWG.
Division III Oversight Group to Implement Recommendations of Federal and State Legislation Working Group
The Division III Oversight Group will:
- Forward all recommendations to relevant Division III committees;
- Establish the timetable for committee review and response;
- Ensure appropriate focus of committee review, based on the work of the FSLWG;
- Oversee and coordinate committee response and resolve “gaps” and inconsistencies;
- Help coordinate Division III membership communication and feedback.
- April 上下棋牌: |
- December 2019: |