The NCAA Sport Science Institute, in partnership with the NCAA Office of Inclusion, is pleased to announce our updated resource entitled: “.” This document was updated in 2019 with important new information and pertinent changes since the legal and higher education landscape around sexual violence has significantly evolved. The goal of this second edition remains to address this critical issue and provide athletics departments with appropriate tools and collaborative strategies to support a safer campus environment. The new tool kit was updated with input from leading professionals in the field.
Sexual violence is embedded at all levels of society, including academic institutions. NCAA member schools can help address this systemic issue by leading prevention efforts to reduce incidents of sexual violence involving student-athletes and other college students, and by responding appropriately to them when they occur. This requires positive culture change that will happen on college campuses only through significant, informed and enduring commitment.
The tool kit provides resource-independent tools for athletics administrators in their efforts to create campus communities free of violence and safe places for students to learn and thrive.
The following organizations have endorsed this updated resource as a comprehensive approach for athletics departments to effectively address sexual violence prevention and to promote collaboration with campus colleagues to reduce sexual violence and promote a healthy and safe campus culture:
Higher Ed Associations
- 1A FAR – 1A Faculty Athletics Representatives
- ACHA – American College Health Association
- APLU – Association of Public and Land Grant Universities
- ACUHO-I – Association of College and University Housing Officers - International
- ASCA- Association of Student Conduct Administrators
- ACPA—American College Personnel Association
- FARA– Faculty Athletics Representative Association
- NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- NIRSA – National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association
- NASWIS – National Association of Social Workers in Sport
- NATA- National Athletic Trainers Association
- IACLEA – International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- CWA – Committee on Women’s Athletics
- MOIC – Minority Opportunities and Interests Committee
- CSMAS – Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports
- SAAC – Student-Athlete Advisory Committees (Divisions I, II, and III)
- It’s On US
- Institute to Promote Athlete Health and Wellness – UNC Greensboro
- The Gordie Center for Substance Abuse Education – University of Virginia